Tuesday, December 1, 2009

by myself

what do i do to ignore them behind me?
do i follow my instincts blindly?
do i hide my pride from these bad dreams
and give into sad thoughts that are maddening?
do i sit here and try and stand it?
or do i try and catch them red handed.
do i trust some and get fooled by phoniness
or do i trust nobody and live in loneliness?
because i cant hold on when im stretched so thin,
i make the right moves but im lost within.
i put on my daily facade, but then
i just end up getting hurt again
by myself.
i cant hold on
to what i want when im stretched so thin.
it's all too much to take in.
i cant hold on
to anything watching everything spin,
with thoughts of failure sinking in.
how do you think ive lost so much?
i cant tell you how to make it go.
no matter what i do, how hard i try,
i cant seem to convince myself why
im stuck on the outside.

thankyou, dear Linkin Park for these lyrics, for capturing all the right words.

No comments:

Post a Comment