Tuesday, September 29, 2009

doesnt take a genius to figure this one out

twenty four oceans
twenty four skies
twenty four failures
and twenty four tries.
twenty four finds me in twenty fourth place
with twenty four drop-outs at the end of the day.
life is not what i thought it was twenty four hours ago.
still, im singing "spirit take me up in arms with you"
and im not who i thought i was, twenty four hours ago.
still im singing "spirit, take me up in arms with you."
theres twenty four reasons to admit that im wrong
with all of my excuses, im still twenty four strong.
see...im not copping out, when youre raising the dead in me
i am the second man now.
and youre raising these twenty four voices with twenty four hearts.
with all of my symphonies in twenty four parts.
but i want to be one today, centered and true,
so im singin "spirit take me up in arms with you"
youre rasing the dead in me.

2 comments: